E-Rate survey questions focused on Districts’ program participation and the impacts on program participation due to changes made by the FCC.
Does your District participate in the E-Rate Program?
- 83 Districts Participate in Category 1 and Category 2
- 14 Districts Participate in Category 1
- 4 Districts Participate in Category 2
Which of these statements describe your district’s situation with Category 2 funding?
- 58 Districts applied last year, were approved, and received funds
- 20 Districts are applying for funds this year
- 14 Districts applied previously and have used up their Category 2 Budget
- 4 Districts already purchased everything that qualifies for funds
- 5 Districts applied last year, were approved, but didn’t use any of the funds
- 2 Districts are not applying due to uncertainty with State funding
- 1 District is not applying due to lack of knowledge regarding how to apply
Which statement best describes the impact of E-Rate changes on your school system?
- 31 Districts indicated very positive impact due to the new funding for internal connections/Wi-Fi are important improvements.
- 27 Districts indicated very positive impact due to the new funding and focus on broadband and Wi-Fi were much needed and will help their schools.
- 22 Districts indicated somewhat positive impact while there was a loss in funding for telephone, there was a gain in focus on broadband and Wi-Fi.
- 9 Districts indicated positive impact due to the new funding for broadband, including connectivity goals is helpful to their school systems.
- 8 Districts indicated they were not sure as it is too soon to know the impact
- 7 Districts indicated a negative impact due to loss of funding
- 1 District indicated somewhat positive impact of Category 2 Budget has limited the ability to provide Wi-Fi.
Is the new $150 Category 2 formula over five years for Internal Connections / Wi-Fi meeting your needs?
- 57 Districts indicated Somewhat meets their needs
- 20 Districts indicated Do not know
- 18 Districts indicated Fully meets their needs
- 8 Districts indicated Does not meet their needs
More information about E-Rate in Kansas can be found on the Kansas E-Rate web page.
Kansas E-Rate web page.